Our vision is to create an Africa where every child can live an enriched life in suitable conditions and families have equal opportunities to THRIVE.
WHO WE ARE
Lift a Village is a grassroot organization based in the United States that funds the education and care of underprivileged children in Sierra Leonean villages and slums. Since 2014, we have provided more than 400 disadvantaged children ages 6-18, from kindergarten to 12th grade, with a personal education program tailored specifically to their needs. This holistic approach enables children to break the cycle of poverty and reach their full potential. To effectively serve our targeted population, the organization focuses on the following critical areas:
- Raising global awareness about education in Africa.
- Providing means for securing children’s education and the essentials for self-empowerment/improvement.
- Increasing the number of qualified teachers/professionals in schools.
- Improving learning conditions in classrooms and outside the classroom
- Establishing extracurricular activities in schools and recreational facilities in communities.
- Promoting well-being, community empowerment, and sustainability.
Not only have we been a no overhead charity in the last three years, but more than 40% of our total annual funding comes directely from our Founder who strongly believes in leading by example. We also spend over 80 cents of every dollar you give on program activities and less than twenty cents on fund raising and administrative costs.